Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day One Hundred and Forty-Five

Actual Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This was a good day. I finally got to to talk to the doctor about Parker's high white blood cell count. She said that it wasn't anything to worry about. That it was common for people with this type of illness to have that because it's the body's natural defense. So that was a huge relief. Plus he had been feeling good and bloody diaper free for about 4 days now so just that alone was an assurance that things were getting better.


He was also cleared to start back at Physical Therapy so we went to our regular Tuesday appointment and Miss Nikki was very excited to see him. After the session was over we went with Brian over to the store to meet his boss Adam, and his wife, Cindy. Once a week the managers have been cooking lunch for everyone at their plant and it was Brian and Adam's week to cook. And by that I mean it was Cindy and Kyla's week... haha


Cindy had a yummy family recipe for lasagna so we they picked up all the ingredients and we headed back to their house to help put it all together for free lunch Wednesday.


This right here was the secret ingredient that made it taste so yummy. It's a melty Parmesan gravy kinda. It's Adam's Mom's recipe and I have to say it was very very yummy.



Here's one of the pans. I think we made eight.




And this cracked me up. These are just a few of the boxes of pizza that we devoured while working up a sweat in the kitchen. Between the two families we had 7 kids and then there were the 4 of us parents as well as Cindy's sister, Jenna and her husband Blain who are staying with them for awhile. So I think we probably ate almost as much food as we were preparing for the next day!

Well not really that much but pretty darn close.



Veggies and garlic bread to go with.



Had to get proof that Brian and Adam really did help...


Watching the baby is help. Right?


And look at all those Mt. Dew cans. They didn't drink themselves!


No really they did help out. Adam cooked up all the meat and Brian helped me put the cakes together. Speaking of cakes, I didn't get a picture of those for this day but don't worry I got one for tomorrow. Trust me you want to know about these little babies.



By the time we went home all the kids were so tired they went straight to bed. But Brian would not be so lucky. I had received the bottles that I had ordered earlier in the week for the invitations to Parker's birthday party and I was beyond excited to get them put together.


We had decided to have a pirate party for the little man. And what pirate party is complete without message in a bottle invitations? I had planned on somehow using the pirate pictures that I had taken a few weeks earlier but I thought this idea was cuter.



I found these little beauties online at: http://www.sandartsupplies.com/ They were super cheap and came super quick. I love that they are glass, not plastic with real cork stoppers too.



Brian got right to work burning the edges of the invitations and maps. What a good Dad he is. And I have to say he did an awesome job. It really added the special touch to the invites that I was looking for.



What other Dad would come home after a long day of working, then spending the night at his bosses house making lunch for his coworkers only to come home even later that same night and help his wife finish up his youngest child's first birthday invitations?


Has there ever been better Dad?


I submit that there has not.

And with a smile on his face. You're the best babe!


After he finished burning all the edges we rolled em up, tied em off and shoved them in the bottles.



Then I added some beach sand out of the kids sand box for a little extra piratey flair.



And some shells from a poor puka shell necklace that I cut up.


I was super stoked with how these turned out. I get all jazzed up about weird things like this. So much so that I use words like 'stoked' and 'jazzed.'

No comments: