Tuesday, January 3, 2012

July 30, 2011

Ok so I know I'm really really behind but I think it's worth spending the time to catch up.  Our family reunion, aka Skellenger Family Doins' was a blast and I want to remember every minute of it.   

On this day we headed back to the Forever Wild Animal Sanctuary.  We had visited there a few weeks earlier (Click here to see that visit) but we were excited to go again with our cousin Jacob, Cindi and Aunt Ann.  

Look at Parker, he's fearless.


Speaking of fears, this is for you Chels.  It's a Piranha.  Don't ya love it? 

My cousin Chelsea is deathly afraid of fish.  You think I'm joking but the poor girl could hardly walk across the bridge on my parent's Koi pond when we were kids.  I'm pretty sure the only reason she ever did was because that was the only way to get to the pool.  If not for that, I'm convinced she would have never gotten within ten feet of that pond.  


While we were there some people were there doing "enrichments."  They gave the big cats different kinds of toys to play with.  One got a bamboo shoot with some kind of perfume sprayed in it and she LOVED it.  In this picture the guy was playing with a Lioness.  He was tickling her with a Peacock feather.  It was so cute to see her playing like a little kitten.  It almost made you forget that she was a strong and powerful animal that could take you down in two seconds flat if she wanted to.


I forget what kind of plant they gave this guy but she went crazy over it.  She was rubbing her body all over it and panting.  You can't see it real well in this picture but that cat is missing one of her front legs.  I'm not sure how she lost it but it's so cool that she has a chance to live out a long healthy life here at the animal sanctuary.


Ava was in heaven playing with all the stuffed animals.  She lined each of them up so that each animal group had a "Mommy, Daddy and a Baby."


This was my favorite part of that trip.  When we got there the kids headed over to talk to a parrot that was in the back of the room.  She talked back to them and when they laughed, she laughed.  It was hilarious.


When we got home I had to head out to try to get one of my tires fixed.  It was really flat.  In the end I had to buy 4 brand new tires... yuck.  But it made me feel better that we would be driving home to Texas on nice new tires instead of old worn out ones.  

After getting my new tires I had to head to Target to pick up some things.  My sweet friend Vanessa met me there.  We've been friends since we met in third grade so it was really good to see her and catch up for a little while.

While I was gone, Cindi and the kids were having fun, Skellenger Style.

Some of you may remember when I posted the pictures of our family playing in that big puddle after it rained last year.  It never gets old. 



Poor Chester.  It's all fun and games until someone loses a ball...


Or their pants...

I don't know what was up with that kid but for some reason Parker would not leave his pants up.  He didn't take them all the way off.  He would just pull them down around his ankles and walk around like that.  Anytime anyone would pull them up, he would get mad, pull them down and hobble off.  It was pure comedy.

No comments: