Thursday, January 5, 2012

July 31, 2011

That's my boy!

Earlier this Summer while on vacation back home in California, my girls dolled parker up like a little girl with one of their headbands.  I snapped a picture of him on my phone and texted it to my husband Brian who was back home in Texas working.  I wrote "Good morning from your 3rd daughter."  And he wrote back "Pretty!"  

This day was an exciting day because the girls were going to get to see what Grandpa Ron had been working so hard on.


He even got Uncle Donnie in on the action.


And of course "Grandpa Fred" was there too.  Grandpa Fred is our honorary Grandpa.  He and his wife Barbara are my parents neighbors and some of the most kind people on this planet.  He helped my Dad build this crazy thing in his amazing workshop.


So what is this "thing" that we are talking about?


What could possibly put a smile that big on two little girls faces?


Their new Cinderella Carriage bed.  Let me tell you, it's pretty amazing. I have some more pictures of it. I will post them later. They show just how cool the thing really is.

After we saw the bed we headed back to Grams for some lunch, naps and of course Words With Friends.  We were all obsessed with that game this Summer.  We were all laughing because at one point we were all sitting around in the same room, playing each other through the phones.  

That is Parker "helping" Ginny play. Ginny, she's such a sweetie.  She has more energy than anyone I know.  But during this trip she got really sick.  And I do mean really sick.  By the time she went to the Dr. she could hardly walk because her hips were so stiff.  The Dr. sent her that same day to get a ultrasound on her leg because he suspected she might have a blood clot.  Turns out that she just had a really bad sinus infection that had settled in her hips.  How crazy is that?!  And poor Ginny is deathly allergic to about every antibiotic under the Sun so it took awhile to figure out what kind of medicine she could take because her Dr. was all the way home in Iowa.  But she finally got it figured out after a few days of trying but I just felt so bad for her.  

We had to tease her though.  She was a good sport.  She laughed and said "Us Kuhfus' are the only ones who can get a sinus infection in our hips and run ourselves over with the car!"  

Yes you read that right.  Ginny's husband, Al ran himself over with their car.  Poor guy.  Can you imagine.  The only good thing that came out of it is listening to Ginny tell the story.  She is a riot.  I just about peed my pants when she said she was yelling at the 911 operator "I live in the tin shed across from the Co Op!"  They live in a VERY small town in Iowa and when she said that, the operator knew who she was right away.  Crazy huh?


After lunch it was time for naps.


And then we headed over to Grandpa Ron and Grandma Cindy's and went on a hike,


with Uncle Chris.

We made Bubble Gum collages.  Have you ever made a Bubble Gum collage?  It used to be one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid.  I think I learned it at Girl Scout camp or something like that.  Basically you just chomp on a big wad of bubble gum and go on a hike.  When you find cool stuff, you break off a piece of bubble gum and use it to stick you nifty find to your paper.  And there you have it.  A bubble gum collage.  


Ava wearing Grandpa's glasses.  I found this one and had to share.  

No comments: