Monday, January 9, 2012

Change Is A Comin'

Look at this precious little man. He's so peaceful when he's sleeping.  I just wanna scoop him up and cuddle him.  Why can't he stay little forever?  He's growing up way to fast.  Waaaay to fast.  So fast in fact that he is starting school tomorrow.  And by school I mean a Mother's Day Out program but still, my baby is leaving the nest for 5 hours a day, 2 days a week.  

It all happened so fast.  I have quite a few friends who have kids that go to this school and I knew it was a good one to be at so I went ahead and put Ava and Parker on the waiting list awhile ago.  A long while ago.  I was really hoping to get Ava into their Pre K program but they said she was 24th on the waiting list for her age group so I wasn't holding my breath.

Then, out of nowhere I got a call saying that there was an open spot in their program for Parker.  Parker?!  What about Ava?  Well there's still not a open spot in her age group, in fact she's still 20th on the list.  But, if we put Parker in now than we can pre register as a "returning family" for the Fall of 2012 and we will have a shot at getting Ava into their Pre K program.  

It seems so backwards to put my "baby" in school before my middle child but it's really our only option at this point.  We just can't afford to send the kids to the school that Brooke went to.  It cost literally 3 times more a month than this new school.  The only reason we were able to scrape up the money for Brooke to go to the school she went to is because we absolutely had to.  It was the only preschool program we could find in our area that was peanut free.  It was an amazing school with amazing teachers and we are sad that we will not be able to continue there with our other two kids.  But I hear great things about this new school and I'm excited about their future there.  

So yeah, starting tomorrow it will be just Ava and I here on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It's going to be so weird.  But it will be good.  I plan on working with her more one on one since I will now have her undivided attention.  She has really been expressing an interest in learning to write letters lately so I think it will be a good thing that we will be able to hang out solo together and do some little learning sessions.  I'm really excited about dusting off my preschool teaching skills and working with my little Avers.  

I'm going to keep reminding myself that when Brian and I drop our little baby boy off for his first day of school tomorrow morning...  

His little lunch box is on the counter next to Brooke's, ready to be packed...
His little nap mat is washed and ready waiting by the door...
His backpacked is packed and ready....

Ugh!  I'm going to go iron now.  Because that's what I do when I'm frazzled.  I iron.  No piece of wrinkled cloth is safe from my wrath when I'm in such a state.  It's probably a good thing though, I have a whole hamper full of stuff that's been sitting in my laundry room waiting to be ironed for about a month (or two now).  I'm pretty sure the kids have grown out of some of the things.  

Oh well, at least they'll be nice and stiff when I put them in the give away bag right?


No comments: