Monday, January 16, 2012

August 2, 2011

I've said this before but I mean it.  Every time we've moved, and there have been quite a few times, we've always been blessed with amazing neighbors. 

The last time we lived in California we met some pretty great people, Mike and Janelle.  They lived just down the street and had the same exact house we did.  Soon after we moved in they adopted their oldest daughter Jessica.  She was the cutest little baby and she was just a few months older than Brooke.  We had fun getting the girls together to play.  

I always loved when we would go over to their house or vice versa and the girls would ask "where's the bathroom?" We had the exact same house so it would always crack us up that they didn't realize that.  

Janelle and I both got pregnant and had our second born babies in our matching houses before we both moved away.  We've kept in touch via facebook over the years and I was really excited when I saw the news she and Mike were expecting again!  

Expecting times 3!  

Look at those amazing little miracles.  That is one blessed and BUSY Mama.  5 kids under the age of 5.  Woowzers.  I am so sad that we don't live right down the street still so I could help her out. Brooke and Jessica both started Kindergarten this year and I could have at least helped out taking the girls to school, and I wouldn't mind lovin' on some little babies in between.  

We made a day to go over and visit our old friends and help out for a little while.  Brooke and Jessica picked up right where they left off. 

Back at Grammy Girl's house the family was learning how to make a family recipe.  

Great Aunt Sharon taught the kids how to make homemade Norwegian noodle soup.  It was delicious.  

Sharon had just arrived the day before.  At this point all of the Skellenger family had headed home and now the second wave of family, the Yocoms were on their way in for Uncle Marvin's funeral the next day.  

No comments: