Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parker and Puppy's First Day of School

Parker had his first day of school yesterday.  He did great, and surprisingly so did I.  And by that I mean I only cried twice in the 5 hours that he was out of my sight.  That's pretty good, right?

There he is with his little lunch box and his puppy which was actually my puppy when I was little.  I found it in my Mom and Dad's storage when I was back there in November and brought it home.  It was one of my favorites.  The funny thing is that Brian had one almost exactly like it when he was little.  His mom gave it to us awhile back when we started having kids.  The kids have played with it off and on abut Parker has really become attached to it lately.  Ever since I brought mine home he is obsessed with walking around with my puppy and Brian's puppy.  One is the "Daddy" and the other is "Baby."  Funny thing is he calls the bigger one "Baby."

Yesterday when he was getting ready to go to school I told him he could pick out one stuffed animal to take to school for nap time.  Brian and I were a little nervous about what he would pick because lets face it, with two big sisters in the house there is no shortage of pink fluffy stuffed animals laying around.  When he picked that well loved and worn out puppy I asked Brian if it was too ragged to take to school and he said probably. But he was just relieved that his son didn't pick a Hello Kitty out and we decided it was best to just let him take the puppy.  

 Brooke was already at school so we posed with Ava.  

Before Brooke left for school she said "Can't you just wait until all the kids are in school and you get some peace and quiet around here Mom?"  

I dread that day...

When we got to the school, Parker marched right in.  He was excited really excited.  As we headed down the hall he had to show Daddy all the animals that are painted on the wall and tell him all about it.  When we got to his classroom he ran in and danced around because he was so excited.  His teachers thought he was funny.  

After he got his jacket off he went right to playing.  He found the legos right away of course.  He is his father's son.

After we met his teachers they showed us where to put his nap mat, backpack and things.  Parker was ok with putting everything in there but the puppy.  He cried and wanted to hold onto Baby.  His teacher said "Ok you hang onto it for a little while longer and maybe you can drop it in your basket on the way to Chapel in a little while?"  You could tell he was thinking while he was walking and then all of a sudden he just dropped it in the nearest basket and ran off to his classroom to play.  Brian went back and take Baby out of someone else's basket and put it in Parker's for him before we left.  

When we left him that morning I said "Bye Buddy" and he just yelled "Bye Mommy!  Bye Daddy!"  We each went over and gave him a kiss and walked out.  I had a feeling he was going to do great.

When we got to the car I cried a little.  Ava was really sweet all day and kept giving me kisses and saying "It's just you and me Mom!"

After we picked Parker up I asked him if he had fun and he said "I sing Frosty Snowman and I play Addagain!"  His little sheet that he came home with said that they read a book called "Snowman, Snowman" and he has a little friend in his class from church, her name is Addison.  He babbled and talked for about 5 minutes straight after I picked him up.  I wasn't able to understand half of it but he was telling me all about it.  Then for the rest of the afternoon he sang Frosty the Snowman over and over and over.

So I would say day one was a success.  I really missed him during the day but it helped seeing him so happy and excited about his and Baby puppy's first day at school.

No comments: