Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Star Wars Party Prep

Actual Date: Saturday, July 9, 2011
So my nephew, Garenn (who is not really my nephew but my Cousins son. I just call him my nephew because my cousin and I are more like sisters than cousins... Are you following all that?) was having his birthday party on Sunday.  His actual birthday is the 4th of July but they postponed the party so we could be there.  And I'm so glad they did because it was a ton of fun to be a part of it.


We made cupcakes.


Lots of cupcakes.


Brandi decorated cookies.


Lots of cookies.  

Aren't those cookies cute?  I found these great Star Wars cookie cutters at Williams Sonoma awhile back and I picked them up for Garenn.  


Then we colored Brandi's Tattoo.


And some how my Mom ended up with one too!

Enough messing around girls!  Those Jedi robes are not going to make themselves.  We've got lots to do.

And we're already a man down!

Later that night we had planned on taking the kids to the drive in to see the new Cars movie.  But then when I looked online for the time, I saw that they put Cars as the second movie in the double feature.  Why would they put the kids movie second?  

Needless to say we didn't end up going.  Cars didn't start until 10:30 p.m. and we were all still on Texas time which is two hours ahead of California so there was no way any of us could have made it.  

Instead we headed to the mall to do some shopping.  Brian was in desperate need of some new sun glasses and he wanted me to be there to help pick them out.  Plus, I figured since we were dragging a U- Haul home with us for the bed (remember "The Bed?") that it would be fine to start school clothes shopping for Brooke.  

Holy moly, I can't believe I just said that.  Shopping for school?!  Wasn't it just yesterday that MY Mom was taking ME shopping for school clothes?!  How did we get here?

I don't know either but I don't like it!

Oh and I forgot to add that this was the night that we got to check one very important thing off of our Summer Bucket List.  And that was eating In N Out!  It HAD to be done.  It was on the list!

Ok so we might have had it a few more times...probably about 10.  But who's counting?  Calories don't count when your on vacation.

Right?

Please don't answer that.

No comments: