Friday, August 26, 2011

Twilight Marathon

Actual Date: Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Summer we stayed almost 2 months with our family in California.  It was a blast but it was also rough because Brian couldn't be there for most of it because he had to come back to Texas for work.  I had a hard time falling asleep at night without him so my cousin Chelsea suggested I start reading the Twilight books.  

To be honest I had absolutely no interest in reading a vampire book.  I never could get it when my friends would dress up and stay up late just to watch a stupid movie about a vampire and werewolf.  What is wrong with these people?   Everyone kept telling me it was not all about vampires and werewolves but more of a love story.  

I finally gave in and started reading the first book, fully expecting to hate every minute of it.  A week after we got home from our vacation, I fished the last book of the series and I was sad to be done.  I wanted more.  

Ever since I finished reading the books I really wanted to watch the movies I just haven't ever gotten around to it.  On this trip I met my cousin's friend Sarah who is a huge Twilight buff.  We decided that we were going to have a girls night and have a Twilight marathon. And tonight was the night.

We put the kids to bed (thanks for watching the Monsters Grammy Girl), and headed over to Chels' Salon, coffee and sugary snacks in hand.  For the record, do not try to steal a red Gummy Bear from Sarah.  You will not make it out alive.  She's serious about those Bears.  

We were all covered in our powdered glitter, sparking like Edward in the sunlight- ready to watch all the movies, no matter how long it took.

But before we pressed play on the first movie we had to know where everyone stood.  Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Clearly Chelsea is Team Jacob.  I bought her that shirt for her Birthday last year.  Now I wish I would have got one for myself.  


After the first movie we took a brief intermission to sing Happy Birthday to Crystal.  


This is the cake Chelsea made for her.  Crystal loves skulls so Chels found her a scrubby sponge holder skull and plopped it right on the cake.  

We didn't quite make it through all three movies.  But considering that we didn't start the 3rd movie until around 5 in the morning I think that's ok.  We had a blast.  Painting nails, telling scary stories, and laughing at Sarah's hilarious imitations.  

Thanks for the fun night girls!  I had a blast.  

No comments: