Friday, August 19, 2011

Disneyland! Need I Say More?

Actual Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2011
We're at Disneyland you guys.  Get some smiles on your faces!  

As my Grandma says "We saved all year for this vacation and you WILL have fun!"

Haha, no really they were excited to be there.  The Sun was just in their eyes.


One of our first stops was to see Minnie.  It was hilarious how in love with her Parker was.  He was practically diving out of my arms to get to her.  She loved that he loved her so much too.  When we had to say goodbye Parker kept blowing her kisses and she kept pretending to catch them.  


Then we all had fun walking through Minnie's house and seeing all the cool stuff she had.  My friend Lindsey met us there with her two kids, Avi and Kade.  She was in California visiting her family just like we were.  Except I think she stayed for two months!  


Guess who lives next door to Minnie?  

Mickey!


He had a cool house too.  Parker noticed his gloves washing in the washing machine.


All that was enough to wear a baby man out.  He got crabby and crashed hard and fast.


So we headed back over to Dumbo.  We had been there earlier in the day but they had to shut down for maintenance right before they were able to get on the ride!  But they gave us tickets to come back later so we wouldn't have to wait in line.  

I volunteered to stay behind with the sleeping baby because number 1: I don't really do heights and number 2: I get really bad vertigo and I didn't want to trigger it and ruin the rest of the day.


Chels had fun though.


A lot of fun!

You can kinda see poor Brookie's lip in this picture.  It was burned and peeling from her allergic reaction 2 days ago.  Crazy huh?


After that we went to my favorite place.  Can you guess what it is?

Rapunzel's tower!

See her hair hanging down?  Ava kept looking up and yelling "Punzel, let down your haaaair!"  


We were in line for awhile, it got a little crazy.  Goofy kids.


There they are, Repunzel and Flynn!  Can you believe it?!


Ava was cracking me up.  She was star struck.  Literally.

All she talked about for weeks before we went was how she could not wait to meet "Punzel."  


And now the big moment had arrived and she completely clammed up.  She just stood there with her mouth open, blinking over and over.  She couldn't even talk or tell them her name.  It was the cutest thing ever.




Rapunzel LOVED Tanner.  And he loved her.


They spent a lot of time talking with us.  The kids asked where Maximus was and they said he was probably right outside by the carousal blending in with the other horses.  And Pascal (Ava's favorite) was somewhere playing hide and seek.  Then Finn showed us that he had Rapunzel's crown in his satchel.  

Funny Flynn! 

I think after this we rode the Buzz ride and I am so sad because I didn't get a picture of Parker and his new Woody doll.  I spotted a display of them when we were walking out through the gift shop and I pulled Brian aside and asked him if we could buy him one.  Ever since we got to California Parker had been dragging around his cousins Tanner's Woody doll.  He loves that movie.  

Daddy said yes and he went and bought it.  When he came back over with the doll he held it out and I said "Parker look!"  The look on his face was priceless.  He stuck out his arms and started shaking because he was so excited.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.  It was adorable. 

We rode a few more rides.  One of which was my favorite, The Jungle Cruise.  I just love that thing.  Those jokes never get old! 

 We got right on small world at the end of the night when everyone was lined up waiting for the parade. 

Brooke was wide awake.

So was Tanner.


Ava, not so much.


When we came out Cinderella's castle was all lit up and then we heard a big pop.


Fireworks!  

We were right underneath them.  We had the best seat in the house.  

After that we let the girls (well I picked for Ava because she was still asleep) pick out a special thing from one of the shops.  Brooke picked out a baby Dumbo and I found the most perfect thing for Ava.  A Pascal!  I finally found him.


We got one picture of the 5 of us together under the lights by the tea cups.  I love these fools.  Thanks for the fun day you guys.  I'll cherish these memories forever.


We had one more thing to do before we left.  Talk about High School Reunion.  Lindsey had gone off to find Kim, another High School (well Middle school if you really think about it) friend and I wanted to see them both before we left.  It was so good to see you girls!  I've missed you both!

And because I can, I went back to look at our trip to Disney last year.  Holy moly,  the kids were so little!  Wow, you don't realize how much they've really grown until you take time to stop and look back. I miss those babies and they're little chunkey thighs!  Here it is if you wanna peek back too.

No comments: