Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day Thirty-Six

Actual Date: Friday, April 30, 2010
We had a full day but luckily Ava woke me up bright and early and was in a super good mood, so we got our day going right. Did you catch the hint of sarcasm there. :o) First thing on Friday morning we had an appointment for Parker's growth adjustment for his helmet. Things are already measuring different. You can't tell by just looking at him but the measurements show a difference so that's good. I'm excited to see some results.
After that we hurried home to have something to eat and then headed out to the gym so that I could go to my hair appointment. Yes there is a hair salon in our gym. Brian likes to call it the Taj Mahal of fitness.
When we got home I remembered I hadn't even thought of dinner for that day yet and it was almost time to eat. So I dug around in the pantry and this is what I came up with. Cranberry and dark chocolate chip waffles. And they were good. I had some frozen whole cranberries left in the freezer from some muffins we made awhile back and the chocolate just sounded yummy. They actually turned out pretty good. We like having breakfast for dinner. A lot of times I do it on Friday nights, particularly if we have a busy weekend coming up, then I will make a double batch and we have extras in the fridge that we can heat then up on Saturday or Sunday morning without all the fuss of having to spend the time making them.

Mmm mmm good!

When we got done with dinner Brian helped me with the dishes and getting the kids ready for bed so I could get over to Kohl's before they closed. My facebook status from Friday night tells it all: "You know your a Mom when the highlight of your Friday night is putting the kids to bed early so you can get in the car and drive with your windows down while rocking out to "I've got a feeling" on your way to Kohl's at 8:45 p.m. to use the free $10.00 gift card you got in the mail before it expires."

1 comment:

aubri said...

Those look fantastic! I think I might need to make those for dinner this week! Also, I love the pictures of Parker and his therapy session. He is such a cute little guy:)