Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day Thirty-Nine

Actual Date: Monday, May 3, 2010
Happy Birthday Ava!
Ava turned 2 on Monday! Thank you all for all the Birthday wishes and calls. Every time my phone rang she would yell, "I get it! It's my Happy Birthday!" It was so sweet to watch her listen as everyone sang Happy Birthday to her. She had the biggest smile on her face. She felt so special. We didn't do anything to grand or great because it was just the 5 of us. We are saving the big celebration for California when we get to go to Disneyland.
We had a special Ava Birthday dinner. She loves to slurp up noodles so I made her spaghetti and she got to eat it on our special Birthday plate. Here she is with her Princess for a day crown. And she also got to pick out her own outfit to wear and of course she picked Princess. I usually reserve character clothes for "play clothes" since most of you know I'm kinda picky when it comes to dressing my kids but for her Birthday I made an exception. Plus we didn't go anywhere so what could it hurt? It made her happy.

She got mad at the crown because it kept falling off so she threw it down. Daddy said "fine I'll wear it then!"

This is her "Daddy you're so silly look."

A few weeks ago we went to Olive Garden for my Birthday. As usual I ordered the Chicken Fettucini and Ava noticed how I was spinning my fork around in the noodles and she made a comment about it. Then last night when she was eating her noodles she said "look I spin round too!" She actually was pretty good at it!

I made cupcakes because Ava loves those. I am so mad at myself though because I forgot to take the camera off of video when I took these last two pictures and they turned out yellow and blurry! grrr She's still cute though and the look on her face says it all.

Here are some "Avaisms" that we have come to know and love:

-"Hey, come back here!" (Usually she's screaming that at the dog or cats)

-"Sorry Baby" or "Baby, where are you?" (For some reason she calls Brooke Baby. It's the funniest thing to hear her call her older sister that.

-"Hello Kitty Face kind" (If she sees anything with Hello Kitty on it she says "Look! It's Hello Kitty Face kind!)

-"Nah nah boo boo you can't catch me!"

-"Bubba Boy" (That's what she calls Parker but it sounds more like Bubble Boy)

-"Berry Cake" (Strawberry Shortcake)

-"You kiddin' me?!"

-"Bye Papa's chu chu wane!" (Every time she hears or sees a train she thinks my Dad is on it, because he works on the Steam Trains in Carson City and she visited him there.)

-"Baby it's cold outside" (Here we are at the beginning of May and she's still singing that Christmas song everyday.)

-"I need go bed!" (Anytime she gets into trouble and has to sit in a time out she crys and says this. Finally I started telling her "Well then go to bed!" and a couple times she has crawled into Brooke's bed for awhile.)

Last but not least my all time favorite -"Mommy (or Daddy), I wuv you." (And you better say I love you too or else she will keep repeating it over and over until you do.)

Favorites:

-Oatmeal

-Elmo and her Cookie Monster doll From Uncle Chris and Auntie Jen

-Cowgirl boots

-Knitted blankets

-Puppies

-Kangaroos

-School buses

Happy Birthday baby girl! It doesn't seem like it's been two years already. Even though you are sometimes a handful Daddy and I love you to peices and wouldn't trade you for the world. You make us smile and laugh everyday. We love you!

No comments: