Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day Forty-Three

Actual Date: Friday, May 7, 2010
I find it ironic that at the exact same time that I was talking to my friend about parenting, my two girls were getting into chocolate chips in the pantry... But don't worry, Brooke assured me it was just an accident. Her exact words were " I was just looking for something healthy, something with protein in it and I accidentally knocked the chocolate chips down!" Being the good Mom that I am, I yelled "nobody move, I need to get my camera!" I guess great minds think alike because when I called Brian to tell him about it the first thing he said was "did you get a picture?" I guess I should have warned my friend before she asked me for parenting advice that I once took a quiz called "Which TV Mom are you?" and I got Rosanne... My advice to any Mom is to try not to get upset over every little thing. Sometimes it's better to laugh then to get upset. If you look hard enough, you can usually find a positive in everything. Little did I know I was going to need my own advice many times over for the whole day on this day. Here's an example. Brooke changed had to change her clothes 5 times on Friday. And I wonder why I have so much laundry, that's just one kid!
The first time she had to change out of her jammies because she got chocolate all over them, she needed to get dressed for the day anyways so that's not that big of a deal. After she got dressed we went out front to ride bikes and water my roses. That's when she accidentally rode her bike through some dog poop in the yard (courtesy of the neighbors ugly poodle). Some how she got it all over her legs and then she tried to wipe it off. Needless to say she got a bath with the hose and antibacterial soap before I even took her into the house to scrub her down in the tub. The positive here...let me think...um I guess that only one child was covered in poop and not both girls.
So now we're going on our third change of clothes of the day. Next she comes into the kitchen and had an accident on my floor which I had just cleaned about a half hour before that. You know, after the whole chocolate incident... The positive: The tile scrubber was still out because I had just used it!
Outfit 4 made it through lunch surprisingly. And even nap time. After their nap the girls went out in the back yard to play like they do every day when all of a sudden I heard Brooke scream bloody murder. When I ran over there to see what was wrong she was covered in Fire Ants. They were all the way up her legs and on her arms. She even had a few on her face. She had sat down right on an ant hill and if you've ever seen those things in action, you know they move fast. I stripped her clothes off because they were all inside biting her still. Poor baby. After I gave her a cold bath I took her out and counted and she had over 15 bites on just one foot. She probably had about 25 in total. And they swelled up pretty good. I was just worried that she would have a sever allergic reaction because she is allergic to so many things. I had the EpiPen ready. But luckily she didn't get too bad. Thanks to my best friend Dawnalea, who is an ER nurse, she told me what to do because the doctors office was already closed. Thanks Dawnalea, you're the best! Here's her poor foot. The positive here is that she didn't go into anaphylaxis shock, so she must not be too allergic!
Poor Ava got a few bites on her foot too. She didn't even cry. I didn't even realize she had got bit until I was putting ice packs on Brooke's and looked over at Ava's foot. Her poor little pinky toe was swollen! So I gave her some meds and an ice pack as well.
Ok so now we're onto our 5th outfit of the day. And then later in the evening it was time for bath before bed so then we changed into jammies. Phew! God have mercy on my washing machine.
Another big thing happened today, my Dad finally got his results back from his biopsy and they are positive for cancer. Like I said, there is usually a positive in everything. The good thing here is it is not in the bone. I guess it's called a superficial cancer. He will have to use a Chemo cream for a month and go back to get retested two weeks after that. I guess it is supposed to look pretty ugly because basically it just eats away at the skin but it could be a lot worse. I just pray that it takes care of it and that it will be gone for good in 4 weeks.
Soon after the ant episode, Brian arrived home. He went into the back yard to try to find the ant hill but he didn't see it. I put on my rain boots and went out there to show him. For those of you who don't know, I am EXTREMELY afraid of ants. I don't know why but they make me itch. Whenever I see a ton of them I seriously feel like they are crawling under my skin and I start scratching. It's making me itch right now just thinking about it. Yuck. Anyways I stomped around in the spot that Brooke had been sitting and a million of those little buggers came out and swarmed all over my rain boots. This is when the stress of the days events caught up with me. I had a full blown panic attack. I could not catch my breath and I felt like I was going to pass out. My hands went numb and I had to just lay on the couch until I could calm down. Honestly I think it was because of how scared I was of the ants and then how scared I was that Brooke was going to go into anaphylaxis shock. I have seen that happen to her before when she ate peanut butter and it was the scariest day of my life.
After all that I was pretty much done for the day. Brian made me a fruity cocktail drink, which knocked me out because I hardly ever drink and I went to bed knowing that tomorrow would be a better day.

No comments: