Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day One Hundred and Twenty-Four


Actual Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010
My blender is breaking! When I saw this I about had a panic attack. Recently I have been doing very good fighting my Starbucks addiction. I haven't had it in a really long while actually. But to help with that I have been having Mocha Shakes daily. So I think I've gone from one addiction to another. At least Mocha Shakes are a little more healthy.


So Mocha Shakes came from my old gym days when I used to work at The Club. At that time Jensen's in Twin Peaks did not have a Starbucks, it had it's own little coffee shop. And they had this drink called a Mocha Shake. But Chelsea and I called them Mocha Fortunes because they cost like 4 bucks a piece. I'm pretty sure they set the stage for Starbucks prices because that's pretty ridiculous. But those things must have had crack in them because we couldn't stop from buying them regardless of the price.


Mocha Shakes consist of of: Milk, a banana, Cafe D'Vita Mocha Cappuccino mix and whipped cream on the top. Sometimes if I'm feeling a little crazy I drizzle chocolate sauce on the inside of the cup. That's the way they used to make them at Jensen's. Once Jensen's coffee shop turned into a Starbucks they stopped making Mocha Shakes. Luckily I found the mix at Costco and have been making them myself ever since! I have even gotten half my family addicted to them now. I know, I'm a bad influence.


Brian laughs at me and says "Oh, having your health shake I see..." But the jokes on him because ever since I switched to light whipped cream, I've been losing weight! He's just jealous. And I also read that people who drink low fat milk after working out lose more weight. So, I usually use it as a reward when I get home from the gym. The article didn't say anything about chocolate syrup and whipped cream but I think they just forgot to add that in there.

Back to my picture, fear not! I've already ordered a new piece and Brian replaced it for me. All is great in my world again.

Speaking of my gym days, here's me and Dan the Man at work. See I was skinny and I drank Mocha Shakes daily back then as well.

No comments: