Monday, June 25, 2012

Currently...

Currently... I've been obsessed with the new carwash I found.  It's my new happy place.  It's cheap but they do a good job and the best part is: free Cherry Limeade!  Well free soft drinks and coffee but the Cherry Limeade is my favorite.  I'm thinking about applying for a job there just so I can get paid in Cherry Limeade. 

Having a clean car would be a plus too...


Currently... We decided that we should let the kids pick something small from the Treasure Box when they get to the half way mark in their jar because it's taking a while to fill it up.  Not because they're not getting beads most days but just it's clear it's going to take a lot of beads to get to the top.  We didn't want the kids to loose interest because it took so long so we came up with the half way mark reward.  

Ava was the first to reach it!  Mostly because of her "Only pick big beads" therory.  But hey, it's working for her. She choose this fun little bug watch that I found at the Dollar Tree.  One of her little best friends has one and Ava's been wanting one for awhile now.

(To read about the Treasure box click here)

Currently... We scored an awesome deal on this DVD player for the car.  I have a feeling it's going to be a very wise investment that pays for itself a million times over.  Especially with our two back to back road trips coming up.  

Currently... We spent some time at the Museum of Automotive History in Dallas.  The kids enjoyed it a lot more than I thought they would.  They were more and more excited with every car.  Parker thought a lot of the older cars were "tractors."    

After we were done at the museum we decided to walk right next door to the Cotton Bowl and check out the free dog show they had going on.  Holy moly that place was crazy.  Dogs everywhere.  You could bring your dog and they also had dogs to adopt.  They even had cats there to adopt too.  Brian kept commenting that it would be a bad day to be a cat in a place like that.  He asked "How nervous do you think these cats are right now?"

As we were walking around I spotted a table with that guy from the Animal Planet show Pit Boss.  We've watched it a few times and it's pretty amazing the work he is doing.  The line to meet him was pretty long but I had to at least get a picture of him.

Currently this Baby Man is getting to big.  His new thing is "I'm just too wittle (little)."  Anytime you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, like clean up, he puts his hands up in a I don't know kind of stance and says "I'm just too wittle.  I'm just... *head tilt to the side* ...just so...  so wittle..."

How can you argue with that?

Currently... I took the girls to see Brave.  Ava and one of her little besties, Grayson have been waiting for this day for a long time.  They even had the matching dresses and everything.  They were so excited.

Just a word of warning to anyone who hasn't taken their kids to see it yet.  There's a scene at the end that is a little scary.  I wish someone would have warned me.  I still would have taken the girls to see it I think but I could have warned them or been ready for it.  Ava jumped in my lap and held on for dear life and Brooke cried.  

Why do they make scenes like that so long in Disney movies?  Is that really necessary?  Anyways, we had two upset little girls last night at bedtime.  Ava wanted to sleep with Brooke because she didn't want to be alone and Brooke was in hysterics because she was afraid she would have a nightmare.  

Other than that one part I would highly recommend the movie.  It was super cute.  It's no Tangled but it was still good!

No comments: