Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kid Kraft Day: Summer Bucket List

This is going to be short and sweet seeing as how Brian and I are currently sitting here watching the third and final episode of The Hatfields and McCoys (we recorded it a couple weeks ago when it was on) and I'm bawling like a baby.  Brian keeps asking if I'm gonna be ok.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good western.

Y'all, I'm talking the ugly cry here.  And Brian is not even misty eyed.  Why are women and men so different?!?  Thank goodness I went to Costco last week and picked up a crate of tissues.  I'm tearing through these things like no body's business.

Onto the post at hand here.  Last Friday we had our very first Kid Kraft Day at our church.  I am so excited about this.  I have a great group of girls who helped us get stuff ready before Easter for our children's ministry at church.  We had so much fun hanging out we decided to keep the group together throughout the year and hopefully grow.  

Thus the idea for Kid Kraft Day was born.  I offered to host the first one and it was so fun to plan!  The kids got out of school just a week or so ago so I decided Summer Bucket Lists would be the perfect project.  

If you haven't heard of Summer Bucket lists before you have got to get on pintrest and search it.  Last Summer we made a Bucket list {click here to see it} and my kids LOVED it.  I was really excited when I saw the idea to use real buckets!  Why didn't I think of that?

And they were super cheap.  I found all the supplies at Target in the dollar bin and at the Dollar tree.

We had a great turn out!

I brought my computer and opened it up to my pintrest where Lord knows I have oodles of ideas pinned.




As everyone was finishing up I snuck away to get a surprise ready.  A few weeks ago I posed something about our families tradition of having "Yoda Sodas" and I had quite a few people ask me what they were and how to make them.  Since it was one of the things on our bucket list last year I thought I'd go ahead and share it with all the people at Kid Kraft Day.  

If you want to know more about Yoda Soda {click here}.

The kids having a blast with the glow sticks.

Thank you everyone who came out and participated.  I had a ton of fun and I hope you did too.  Don't forget take pictures along the way!  Can't wait to see all the memories in the making.

p.s. If you live in my area let me know if you're interested in participating in Kid Kraft Day.  You don't have to go to our church to attend.

No comments: