Saturday, June 2, 2012

Brooke's 6th Birthday!

Someone turned 6!  

She requested "panie cakes" with sprinkles for breakfast.  There she is dumping handfuls of sprinkles on top.


After breakfast we headed over to our friends house.  They had invited us over to celebrate all the April, May and June birthdays.






I made a cake for Brooke because it was her actual birthday.


Blow hard!  That's a lot of candles.

One big milestone Brooke achieved on her birthday is learning to swim.  She's been in swim lessons for the past month and every week I could see her improving more and more.  Well at the party she asked if she could try without her floaties and since Brian and I were both in the water we let her.  

Before we knew it she was swimming on her own.  She even went down the slide and swam to the side all by herself quite a few times!  It's crazy how good she got at it in such a short amount of time.  Way to go Brookie Cookie!


After the party we headed to her last swim lesson and she rocked it out of the water of course.  Her instructor was really pleased.  

Later we went home and took showers and opened presents!  Thank you everyone for all the great presents!

And because I can, I am going to take a trip down memory lane for a minute...


Just a few days old.  She was my little chunky monkey.  10 pounds 3 ounces at birth!  You'd never tell by looking at her now, she's so long and skinny.
























Question and answer time with the big bad 6 year old:

What was your most favorite thing about being 5: "That I was in Kindergarten."

What is going to be the best thing about being 6: "Staying up late and not ever taking naps."

What do you want to be when you grow up: "I want to be a teacher and teach Kindergarten."

What's your favorite color: "Purple, pink and blue."

Who are your best friends: "Kaelyn, Olivia, Catherine and Lealand.  And that's K-A-E-L-Y-N.  I know how to spell it because we've been best BFFs for a very long time."

Favorite Food: "Chinese.  Orange chicken is my favorite!  It has this little sweet taste in it."

And at this point I lost all control of the interview.  She gets up from the table and comes over and sits next to me and says...

"Why don't you ask me what my favorite zoo animal is because I already know that.... It's a Zebra."

Love you baby girl!  You are becoming such a sweet young lady before our very eyes.  It's been a joy watching you grow.  Daddy and I are very proud of you and everything you do.  

No comments: