Monday, June 11, 2012

Precious Hearts

Today the girls went to the first day of the Vacation Bible School they are attending this week.  As soon as I picked them up they went on and on about how much fun they had. Then right away Brooke informed me that they needed to bring money for an offering towards a fundraiser tomorrow.  Ava pipped in and said that we need to go through our books and bring some to give to the kids that don't have any books too.  

After dinner they got to work.  They went through the playroom and found some books.  It took awhile for them to agree on which books they wanted to get rid of. There was some crying and yelling but with some redirection, they finally worked together and finally found some they could agree on.

After that Brian helped them empty out their piggy banks and they set out to find out how much 10% would be.

Ava had fun sorting out all the money.



By the time it was all said and done they had some crazy algebra or something going on here.  Brian helped Brooke with a lot of it but I was surprised at how well she was able to keep up.  I just gotta brag on my hubby for a minute.  He's so patient.  Way more so than me.  He sat there with the girls working out those problems one by one for what seems like forever.  

Me on the other hand, I would have started out with good intentions but dollars to doughnuts by the end of it I would have busted out my iphone and plugged those numbers into the calculator so we could just get the job the heck done.

Anyways, the girls have their 10% and their books all bagged up and ready to go tomorrow and they are so excited. 

After they were done I told them to pose with their offerings and I would take their picture.  Parker wanted to get in on the action too.  

And then they decided to have a goofy little photo session.

Really goofy.  Look at Parker's face.  That boy is a clown!

Then we had to see who could jump the highest off the stairs.


Love those smiles.  And I love those girls hearts.  I pray that they always keep that innocence and have a servant's heart.  

One more precious thing I want to write down so that I never forget.  This afternoon the girls were listening to songs and dancing around the living room like they do most days and I noticed during a couple of the worship songs Brooke stopped and really worshiped.  

She closed her eyes and put one hand over her heart and the other one up in the air.  It was the sweetest thing ever.  It was so real and so authentic.  No body prompted her to do it,  she wasn't copying anyone or trying to show off; I'm not even sure she knew I was watching.  

I tell ya, I was choking back the tears on that one.

No comments: