Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rewards and Awkward Moments

So a few weeks ago we got a package from my Mom.  She always wants to buy presents for the kids so she came up with this great idea.

The "Treasure Box."

Every time the kids do something good or have a great day they get a bead in their jar.

When the jar is full they get to pick a prize from the treasure box.  

I would like to point out one thing here.  

And now I know this is going to be a shocker but... Ava doesn't get a bead every day...

Some days it's harder for her to, let's say... Stay on track...

It's the age.

And her being Ava.

It's what makes her great.

Any who, even though she doesn't get a bead EVERYDAY she does have the most bead mass per square inch in her jar.

She has learned (thanks to a tip from Daddy on the first day) that she doesn't have to get a bead every time, as long as every time she gets a bead, she gets a big one.  Now whenever she gets a bead she digs through that jar like she's looking for gold.  Big bead gold.  She analyzes each one to make sure it's one of the big ones.

That girl is gonna do all right in life.  


In other news, last week Parker kept coming up to me saying "I wanna shake it for me!"  

I just kept looking at him like "Why?  Why are you saying that son?  Who? What? Awkward..."


Well I finally figured out what he wanted.  Despicable me!

Shake it for me - Despicable Me = Same difference.

No comments: