Friday, May 11, 2012

The Birthday Princess


"It's because I love y'all."

"One time I farted in my bed and it smelled like cotton eggs."

Ava: "Mom, where are my clothes?" Me: "Um, you're wearing them already." Ava: "Oh yeah... It's a good thing you were here Mom."

After hanging out with her little friend Avery (2 years old) for awhile she came in and told Rachel and I, "I keep telling Avery to follow me and she just laughs.  It's like she thinks I'm a woman..."  I have no idea what she meant (I am not even sure she knows what she means half the time) by that but the way she said it was hilarious.  

This girl cracks us up on a daily basis.  Those were just some of my favorite "Averisms" over the past year.

Last week she had her 4th Birthday.  In the morning when she woke up and everyone was getting ready for work and school she said "Why are Brooke, Daddy and Parker going to work and school instead of staying home and celebrating me?"

Diva much?

After we dropped Brooke and Parker off at school I stopped by Starbucks to surprise her.  This has become our little special treat between the two of us on the days Parker goes to school.  My favorite thing is sometimes she'll grab my hand when we're walking somewhere and says "It's just me and my Mommy!"

When we were in line at Starbucks the lady working the counter said "Is it Princess day?" when she saw Ava's crown.  Ava said "No, it's my Birthday.  I was three but now I'm four."

Immediately everyone within a 10 feet radius started wishing her a Happy Birthday.  The Barista even wrote "Birthday Princess" on her cup and gave her a free cake pop.

After we Starbucks we went back home to pick up Grandpa Jim and Grandma Marcia who where here visiting from Illinois.  We decided to take the birthday girl birthday shopping.  After shopping we decided to grab a bite to eat.  Thanks for the lunch and shopping date Grandpa and Grandma!

After shopping we picked up Parker and Brooke from school.  Parker decided to stay home with Grandpa and Grandma while I took Brooke to dance class but Ava wanted to go.  She said "I want to show all Brookie's friends my crown and they will say 'Is it your birthday?"

While Brooke was at dance class we ran over to this great little children's boutique shops nearby to look for a graduation dress for Brooke.  While we were there she got even more birthday wishes! 

By this point I told her I wanted to borrow that crown and see how people treated me.  I wanna be a Birthday Princess too!

For dinner the birthday girl requested Mac and Cheese and Chicken Nuggets.  

I told her, "You do know you can have anything you want right?" 

 Present time!  Swiper no swiping!

Oh man! They caught me!

Now earlier in the day Ava had informed us that during present time we were to cover her eyes and lead her into the room where we would all be hiding with the presents and yell "Surprise!"  And since it was Ava-land we all obeyed.  

Her face was priceless.  She felt so special.  I love that!  




 This is the present she picked out for Grandpa and Grandma to buy during our day of shopping.  A new outfit with a matching one for her American Doll Baby.  Super cute!

Cake time!

Hope you had a great 4th birthday sweet baby girl!  We love you!

Tonight for fun I did a little question and answer with Ava because as you've witnessed above, you never know what is going to come out of her mouth.

Who are your best friends: "Mommy, Grayson, Brylee, Olivia, Kira and Landon."

Favorite Color: "Dark Pink and that's all."

When I grow up I want to be: "A Mommy and do Mommy stuff like you do. ... Where do I get a computer?  Costco has those phones but I'm going to buy my computer at the Apple store."

What was your favorite thing about being three: "Being able to hop on one foot."

Favorite food: "Cup Cakes."

Favorite thing about Soccer: "Playing stop light, go light."  

Oh and on that note I wanna write this down so we don't forget.  One day she was telling Brian that at soccer she learned how to do a "Mule kick."  When he asked her what that was she said "It's where you kick the ball behind you and it's called a Mule Kick, but I call it Strawberries." 

Favorite movie: "Strawberry Shortcake, Beauty and The Beast and Tangled."

No comments: