Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day One Hundred and Seventy-Two

Actual Date: Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Parker!

One year ago our little man was born. Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already. I thought I would do a little one year review his life thus far.

We thought we were done with two girls. Those were our plans. God knew better. We are complete with Parker. I couldn't imagine our family without him and we're so greatful that God graced us with him.

So let's take this little photo journey. Let's start at the very beginning. It is after all, a very good place to start.

Great now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day...

Hours old.

Meeting their brother for the first time.

Getting ready to go home from the hospital.

My amazing doctor, Dr. Beitel who helped get me through it all. He was my doctor during Ava and Parker's pregnancies and he was a huge blessing to all of us. A kind hearted Christan man who always had a word or encouragement and was a shoulder to cry on, or a kick in the butt when I needed it. Over the years he's become more than a doctor, he's a friend.

Many people have asked me how I was able to make it through my difficult pregnacy with Ava and stay so positive, let alone go through another pregnancy again. I owe much of it to these three people right there. Jessica (on the left) and Sarah (right) were always so cheery and great with the girls. The girls looked forward to my appointments because they knew that those nurses would shower them with love and fill their pockets up with suckers!

Here's the other half of my Beaver Medical Family! Ana, Dr. Goyne and Sarah. This was the kids doctor and nurses. They were actually right next to Dr. Beitel's office so we saw them quite often. If we weren't in the office for an appointment for me, we were usually there for one of the girls. So we always joked that we were part of their office family. It sure felt like we were sometimes.

Most of the time the girls would sneak over to Dr. Goyne's office and the nurses would load them up with all kinds of stickers and suckers. Then we would go back next door for my appointment and they would work their magic on Dr. Beitel and his nurses. And vice versa would happen if we were in Dr. Goyne's office for the day.

This picture was taken during our last appointment in their office. Parker had just gotten the all clear and we headed to Texas the very next day. We miss all of you so much. Thank you for the heartprint that you've left on my family. We will never forget you.

First family photo shoot in my Mom's studio:



Look at those ridiciously cute little feet. It's hard to imagine that he was once that teeny tiny.

First Halloween

First Christmas

Cuddling with Daddy's blankey from when he was a baby. It's a little worn and tattered but that's what makes it the coziest.



Now here's where the Doc band starts coming into the picture. Around April of 2010.

This is when I really thank God for making Parker who he is. He's such a happy little guy. He does his physical therapy with a smile (most days) and makes friends wherever he goes. He's been through a lot of challenges for being such a little guy, but he doesn't let it get to him.

If anything, he loved his Band. It got him lots of attention and let me tell you this little guy loves the spot light.
"Helmet laws are a bummer"
Peek- a- boo! There's that little naked noggin. We didn't see much of it for awhile. He had to wear that band 23 hours a day. He could only take it off for bath time. This little sneak peek was during a office visit when they were measring his head and shaving down his helmet to fit his new growth.
It must have felt weird to have his head bear because he couldn't stop touching it.

Last Dsi Scan!

Results

Wow can you believe how good I look?! And I get to graduate today?! Yes!!!

He got his own diploma and everything.



Happy Birthday little man. We love you very much.

Fast foward to current date: Jan. 14, 2010:

Our favorite things he says:

-"Oh man!" > He usually says this whenever he falls down when he's trying to walk.

-"Go ball! Go!" > He learned this from his sisters who scream it out whevever we play Wii bowling. Now whenever anyone plays he yells this.

"Oh where...brush..." > He LOVES the "Where Is my Hairbrush song" from Veggie Tales.

-His ABC's > He can get all the way to "I" by himself and then the rest is kinda mixed up from there. But he pulls it back together at the end with "next with me!"

-"More" > He usually adds the sign language to this. But if you don't listen then he will start clapping at you to make sure you heard him.

"Me!" > Usually he does something funny, like just now he put on the stethoscope out of the Dr. kit and crawled over to me and said "me!" as in "look at me." Once I did he got a huge smile and laughed like he was the funniest guy in the world. Which he is.

"Ava!" > Anytime Ava gets reprimanded for anything he feels it's his brotherly duty to give her a talking to. Usually he just yells her name at her but if she is sitting on the time out stool where he can get to her he crawls over and sits in front of her and gives her an ear full of baby babble with an "Ava" or two thrown in here or there.

This past year with him has been a blast. But is it too much to ask for time to slow down a little bit? He is my "baby" after all!

No comments: