Monday, January 24, 2011

Day One Hundred and Eighty-Five

Actual Date: Sunday, September 26, 2010

We had a visitor! My cousin came to spend the night. She is my only family member in the state! She's from California like me but she just started her first year in a Texas College. Even though I wish she would have picked a school closer to us (she's about five hours away) I am so very proud of her!

She came up to spend the night because she was at a convention for the Direct Sales company she works for. The convention was close to our house so after it was over she came to visit.

Brooke and Ava were so antsy all day long. I swear the asked very 5 minutes if Karlana was here yet! Kar had agreed to have a sleep over with them in the living room and they were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. We even went down to the nearest redbox and got a special Barbie Mermaid movie for them to watch on their special girls night.

She got here around dinner time so we all ate dinner and talked about how she was liking school. We also talked about the surgery had just recently undergone. Listen to this, after only being at her new school for a few weeks, she had to be hospitalized for appendicitis! It was at the same time I was in the hospital so no one told me until after I was home. I felt so horrible that she had to go through all of that on her own. When I found out I told her I would drive down there right away. I was serious. I was already getting the diaper bag ready, but she told me that the worst of it was over and she was ok and that I didn't need to come. It was so hard to not go because I was so worried about her but she assured me that her friends and roommate were taking good care of her. I was grateful for that at least.

After dinner we started her laundry. When she told me she was going to be in town I told her to make sure she brought all her laundry because I know how hard it is to be a struggling college student! Plus I felt like at least she was letting me do something for her after everything she had been through in the last week.

She was still a little sore from the surgery, so I told the girls to make sure they were careful with her as they settled into their living room camp for the night.

Brian blew up the air mattress for all the girls to sleep on. Here they are watching their special Barbie movie, eating popcorn of course! Our family is big on popcorn! I blame Grandma Leona. She's the one who started the addiction. :o) She used to make all the grandkids popcorn and milkshakes when we would spend the night at her house.

The also had fun taking silly pictures on Karlana's computer.

Brookie ready for bed.

I brought in Ava's mattress out of her bed because they were kinda squished with all three of them in one bed. And Ava is a wild sleeper. I was worried she would kick Kar in her incisions during the night. But she didn't care. She was excited to have her own special bed. Parker had to check it out as well. He wanted to part of the girls night too!

It gave me a little glimpse into the future. I can totally see Parker bugging the girls when they start having "real" sleepovers with their friends when their older.

No comments: