Wednesday, March 14, 2012

September 11, 2011 With A Flash Back To 9-11-01

Two days after that horrible day in 2001 I walked into the bank in my hometown to deposit a check.  The teller behind the counter had this picture hanging next to her computer.  I commented how much I loved it.  She went straight over to the copier and made me a copy and handed it to me.  
I glued it on the cover page of my Bible that very day and it has been there ever since.  

During that time there was a Police Chaplin that went to the Church I was attending.  Very soon after the attacks he went to New York to help in any way he could.  When he came back he told us all about it and asked us to pray for the people and the families he met.  He showed pictures and listed names.  With tears flowing I wrote the names all around the edges of the picture while he spoke about all he had seen and who all he had met. 
 
It's been awhile since that day. Most days I just open up my Bible and skim right past this cover page.  But every once in awhile I open it right up to that page and pray for those people and families all over again.  


"Where where you when the World stopped turning that September day?"

No comments: