Saturday, March 24, 2012

Currently

Recently I read a friends blog and she had this idea that I just love.  Things have been busy and as you can tell I haven't been the best at keeping up with things round these parts.  I am going to try to make it a point to at least once a week jump on here and give a quick update.  So you might be seeing a lot more "currently"s around here.

This is one of the things that have been keeping me busy.  The remodel of our Church's children's wing is moving right along.  It's exciting to see it all coming together.

Here's a little story about painting those mats this week that I know I'll want to look back on and laugh about one day.  So earlier this week I was up there priming the mats to be painted and at one point I look up and Parker had walked across the mat to hand me his empty juice box...  Seriously Son?  So yeah we threw away his socks and rolled up his newly reined pants.

A little while later, in a different room, Ava ran into show Parker (He was sitting in a crib playing with his Leap Pad while I was working in there so he would stay out of trouble) something and she honestly forgot about the wet mat.  She took a few steps and started sliding on the wet paint.  Then she fell... then she rolled over to get up... then she quick jumped off the mat and took a couple steps on the nice brand new wood floor...

Ofta!

After the whole paint debacle we went home and got cleaned up so we could head to Brooke's Open House for school.


It was fun.  She got to be our tour guide and she took that very seriously.  

Parker had Firemen come visit his school this week.  He was very excited about it and they even got to make fun Fireman hats.  When I asked him about the Fireman he told me "Yeah.  That's a cool guy Mama!"  

Here's another story I may or may not want to remember one day.

Parker goes to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Well this Tuesday while he was at school I was busy at the church.  But it was nice because there's a sweet girl who was at the church who is homeschooling and Ava just loves her.  She tells me all the time "Mom, when I'm big can I have braces like Olivia too?"  Anyways, so Ava was busy playing with Olivia most of the day and it was nice because I didn't have to worry about if she was walking across wet paint or something like that.  Before I knew it I looked up at the clock and it was 1:30.  I remember thinking "Gee, I better get Ava home for a nap before we have to pick up Brooke and head to soccer..."  

I wrapped up some last minute things and headed out.  When I got in the car I remembered that my friend's daughter had just had her first day at a new preschool and I wanted to see how it went.  I called her and the conversation went something like this:

"Hey girl.  How was Olivia's first day at school... Oh wait, it's 2:10.  You are probably picking her up right now since that's the same time Parker's school gets out..."

That's about the time that I looked in my rear view mirror and realized Parker IS at school!  And he should have been picked up 10 minutes ago!

"Parker's at school!  There goes my Mother of the Year Award!  I'll call you back."

I promptly called Parker's school to let them know that I was on my way but I was still about 10 minutes away.  They were very sweet about it.  In fact I guess a few other parents were late as well.  They asked if I was stuck in the "train traffic."  I guess there was a train stuck and blocking the road across town.  I thought about saying "Um yeah, sure... that's what happened."  But I couldn't lie.  I just said "Nope, I'm just a bad Mom and forgot about my kid."  

When I got there Parker was having the time of his life.  He was playing on the indoor playground happy as a clam.  He had no idea what was going on.

So yeah from now on can someone call me at about 1:30 every Tuesday and Thursday please?  Kinda like "It's 1:30.  Do you know where your children are?" kinda thing.

Yesterday Ava finally got to play soccer too!  Every Friday there is a soccer clinic that the girls can both participate in.  Ava was all about it.

There's the backpack picture for you Grandma Cindy.

She even got her uniform last night!  She was so excited that she asked to put it on right away even though they weren't required to wear them until April.  

I had to leave early because I had a nail party to attend with some friends.  (Shameless plug: Go check out my friends awesome new business, Haute Nails.  She started her own line of press on nail polish.  It's fun!)  Before I left I got to see Ava start her practice and it was so cute.  They are all so little and trying their hardest to control the ball as they dribble it around.  

Apparently after I left is when Ava really shined though.  Brian said she is really pretty good.  He said at one point she took on a boy twice her size.  Somehow during the showdown the boy tripped and fell down and started bawling.  

Oh Ava.

  Ava, Ava, Ava.  

My sweet little Avers.  I expected nothing less from you.  You are your Mother's daughter.

So there you have it.  That's our week in a snapshot.  

No comments: