Monday, March 5, 2012

August 24, 2011 - August 30, 2011

It was quite an adjustment having just two kids at home during the day.

But rest assured, things are just as crazy as ever around here.

Chester thought he had a new girlfriend.


Even though Parker is obviously dressed up in a robot costume, he wanted to be a puppy too.  So he crawled around barking and carrying a ball in his mouth.


He did this for almost 30 minutes straight.  He would bring me the ball -I would throw it -He would chase it -Carry it back and the whole thing would start all over again.  By the time I took his little robot hood off he was a hot sweaty mess under there.  It was hilarious.

One new fun thing around here is dressing up for school!  Brooke attended a preschool where they wore uniforms so this is our first year that she actually gets to pick out clothes for school.  One thing that hasn't changed is that the girls still love to dress alike. Look how Ava is posed.  That girl is too much.  She cracks me up daily. 

The thing I was having fun with is packing lunches (the newness and excitement of this has warn off some since if you were wondering).  Again, this is a first in our house.  Brooke's previous school was completely peanut free and they served lunch to everyone.

  Sunbutter sandwiches are a favorite in our house.  Sunbutter is our peanut alternative of choice and I have to say that I have come to love it.  When I was visiting my parents recently without Brooke I ate regular peanut butter and I did not enjoy it near as much as I do Sunbutter.  Everyone in this house loves it.  In fact I have started buying it in a 5 pound pail because a) it goes so quick and b) it's super expensive to buy if you buy it off the shelf in those little jars.  You can use it for anything you would use peanut butter for.  Anything from sandwiches to Sunbutter Cookies (they are awesome, just ask my fellow peanut free Mama friend Kristine).

Anyways, when I pack Brooke a Sunbutter sandwich I make sure I make it a special shape or so something special to it so she knows it's her safe sandwich.  I know the chances of her sandwich getting mixed up with another sandwich is very slim but you never know.  

Plus, it's fun!    


Here's one more thing about Kindergarten that I love.  The way she puts on her backpack.  Every single morning when she gets her backpack on, the strap gets twisted. 

Every.Single.Morning.

It makes me giggle.

No comments: