Monday, February 13, 2012

Daddy Daughter Dance Round Two

I'm not going to mention any names but someone was beyond excited that it was finally time for her Daddy Daughter Dance.

She picked this dress out all on her own.  For about a month she has been telling me that she wants an all pink dress for the dance.  We searched high and low for weeks and couldn't find anything that she liked.  Every time we found a pink dress it would have different colored flowers or designs on it and she didn't like it.  She would say "It has to be all pink."  

Finally after giving up and heading on our way out of the store one day, she spotted it.  The dress she had been dreaming of.  The problem was that it was in the infants section...

I told her they probably didn't have it in her size because it was in the baby section but we could double check.  There was lots of 3-6 months, 12 months, even a 18 month and then all of a sudden there it was. One single 4T!  I couldn't believe it.  It was meant for her.

Ok now this has nothing to do with the Daddy Daughter Dance but it caught my eye when I was taking pictures.  I wanted to share and see if anyone from the Kephart/Hefley families recognized them.  

They are from Aunt Ginny and Uncle Chucks house.  I remember staring at them through the bars on my crib when I would stay over there.  It's one of the earliest memories I have.  They were the only thing I had to have when we were all there that Summer for Unk's memorial.  They sit out in my bathroom and I see them everyday.  They make my heart smile thinking of all the love those two poured out on so many people.  Just had to share.


It's become a tradition over the past couple years that I pamper the girls and get them ready for the Daddy Daughter Dance.  They talk about it for weeks and weeks before.


It's as much fun for me as it is for them.


I love to see their happy little faces.

Brooke did not go to the usual dance that we do each year because she had a sleep over that she wanted to go to instead.  And she went with Brian to a dance the night before.  But they still wanted to take a picture together before they went their separate ways.  Silly Chester walked in front of the camera right when I took the picture.  Poor guy is starved for attention.

The Shoes.

The Purse.

The Daddy.

Daddies are the very best accessory.  

No comments: