Wednesday, February 8, 2012

August 6th - 12th, 2011

We left California to head home on Aug. 6th.  That is such a long drive.  We've done it what seems a million times and for some reason I forget how long it is every time.  I think I'm in denial.  

Or maybe I am suffering Post Dramatic Stress Disorder from the whole ordeal... 

We all needed a day of rest when we got home.

My Facebook post from the day we got home pretty much sums it all up:  "I need a vacation after that vacation. I am not moving very far from this couch today. Besides, the DVR is stuffed full. It's the responsible thing to do."

The kids had some great surprises when we got home.  First thing was the project Daddy had been working on for the last month while we were gone.


Their new play set from Grandpa Jim and Grandma Marcia!

Our back yard is really sloped down so Brian spent a lot of time building a retaining wall and leveling off the back yard.  I'm not sure how he got it all done in the record breaking 100 degree + weather last Summer, but he did it.  The kids LOVED it (still do) even though the swings and slide weren't even on yet.

The other exciting thing was the new carriage bed!  Daddy got right to work taking down the old beds and setting up the new one.  I even helped a little!  It was quite the task. 

No comments: