Monday, April 16, 2012

Soccer!

Our two beautiful girls.


They are loving soccer.


And those little shin guard legs melt my heart.


It's so crazy how smells can take you back.  I swear their cleats smell like my childhood.  I played soccer  growing up and every time I help them tie their shoes I can smell that blend of leather, dirt and grass and it takes me right back there.


Parker is enjoying soccer too.


He's quite the sideline ham.  Most of the time he is off playing with his little friend Landon (Brooke's coach's son) or playing games on the Leap Pad.  But every once in awhile he will randomly shout out things like "Get the ball Brooke!" or "Don't touch it you hands girls!"  Roughly translated that means 'Don't touch it (the soccer ball) with your hands girls!' 


Saturday was Ava's first day to put on her uniform.  She had been waiting for this moment for weeks.  To say she was excited is an understatement.




She did a really good job out there.  She's been to all Brooke's practices and has been paying attention I think.  And we've been playing around in the yard so she had a lot more ball control than most of the other kids.  Brian and I had the best time watching her practice.  She is too much.  She's either full on intensely playing or else she's off in her own little world day dreaming.  I swear every time a butterfly went by she lost her focus.  It was hilarious. 


One other big event happened this Saturday too.

Brooke scored her first goal!

We were so proud.  The last few weeks she's had a hard time with being aggressive and getting in there to get near the ball.  Brooke has such a sweet, kind and caring heart and she was afraid to hurt someones feelings by taking the ball away.  We, as well as her coaches have been talking to her about being tough the past couple weeks and this weekend she went for it!  

She wasn't backing down from the boys on Friday night during their Friday Night Lights clinic and she carried with her to the field on Saturday.  This was the first game where she got right in there and it paid off.

We all went nuts when she scored.  I was so happy for her and her face was priceless.  

After the game we had to run and get some ice cream.  I may or may not have bribed promised her some ice cream if she scored a goal...  

Don't judge!  A Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do right?

No comments: