Thursday, September 1, 2011

Visiting Friends

Actual Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On this day we had planned on meeting one of my old High School friends, Kim.  Well actually if you really want to get technical we have been friends since Middle School.  And here's another little nugget you may or may not need to know for future reference: Kim's mom, whose name is Pam, makes the best sandwiches this side of the Mississippi.  So good in fact that I actually gave them a name: Pamwiches.  

We had planned at meeting at a nearby outdoor mall that has one of those splash park things but when we got there the water was turned off.  They said it was closed for repairs and they didn't know when it would be working again.  I felt bad because all of the kids were dressed in their bathing suits, lubed up in sunscreen and ready to splash in the water and now their little hearts were crushed.  

Kim doesn't live far from the mall so she offered for us all to go back to her house and play.  


Did I mention that Kim and her Husband used to be Managers at Toys R Us?  So yeah, as you can imagine they have A LOT of great toys, movies and books.  My kids didn't want to leave.

Literally, look at Parker holding on to Makayla for dear life.  Thanks for having us over Kim.  It was so great catching up with you.  I've missed ya girl.  I wish we lived closer.  Come visit some time!

After we left we headed back up the hill to run some errands and then back to my Grandma's house to grab a quick dinner and pick up my Mom.  We had been invited to a friend's Jewelry party.  We left Parker with my Grandma and took the two girls with us for a fun girls night out.


Here's Ava taking a break from the party to tell Craig some big story.  She LOVED him, and he was so good with her. Playing along with her story and asking her questions.  At one point she was telling him all about how she was going to get her ears pierced now because she is potty trained and goes pee and poop in the potty.  Without missing a beat Craig said "Well that's kinda a big deal.  You gotta check you calendar and make sure you have an open date... drive to the mall..."  It was so cute to watch.

  Craig is one of my Dad's best friends.  We've known him and his sweet family for a long time.  They've seen me grow up and now I'm seeing their kids grow up.  Kinda makes you feel old when the kids you used to baby sit are now Seniors in High School!

During the party the Demonstrator had some prizes that she gave out.  Brooke won one of them.  It was a set of dangle earrings.  She had been begging me to buy her some that were on display so it worked out perfect.  It made me a little nervous for her to wear them.  I was afraid she'd catch them on her hair or something and yank them out but they made her SO happy so I let her put them on.  I told her we would have to take them out at bed time but she was fine with that.

We left the party around 9:30 I think and by that point we were all running on empty.  We headed home and went straight to bed.

Thanks for having us over Tina.  It was a blast and I'm glad I got to see you and your beautiful Fam.  I am still sad though that I never got a chance to go to Zumba with you.  I will for sure make time for it next time I'm out!

No comments: