Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tee Shirt Time: Skellenger Family Doin's Style

Actual Date: Monday, July 25, 2011
This was the day that the Skellenger Family Doin's was in full swing.  The rest of the family arrived and everyone was so excited to see each other again.

Uncle Chris and Parker had fun riding around.


Jacob taught Brooke how to play a new game.  I love how focused they are.  Brooke's tongue is sticking out, that's a sure sign of true concentration.  

These two were born a month apart and it was great to see how well they got along and loved playing together now that they are old enough to play on their own and carry on conversations.  


The boys did... well, whatever it is that boys do.


Ann taking it all in.

While everyone was at home Chels and I ran out to pick up some last minute things for my Papa's ceremony.  He past away last Summer and we had a funeral for him (I talked about it here).  Because he was a Navy and loved being on the water he requested that his ashes be scattered at sea.  So that's what we planned to do.


While we were out and about we found this bear at Costco.  We texted our Husbands and Dads asking them if we could buy it and they all said no.  

What?!  Why not?  We NEED this in our lives.  Who could say no to that face?

After we got back to my Grandma's house Chelsea and my Uncle Don took my Grandma's old truck over to my Mom's to pick up some food and my dog Chester.  When they pulled up all I could see was Chelsea's face, which was streaked with tears from laughing so hard, and Chester.  

But where was Uncle Donnie?

Then he stood up and jumped out of the truck bed...


Apparently Chester would not scoot over once they got him in the truck.  No matter how hard they tried to get him to move, he wouldn't budge.  So poor Uncle Donnie had to ride back in the truck bed.  I can only imagine what that was like.  My Mom lives pretty far down a pretty wash- boardy dirt road.  That ride had to be a rough one.


Early in the evening my cousin Cindi pulled all the Moms aside and showed us a surprise she had brought.  


She had gotten one for everyone.


And I do mean everyone!

I downloaded every ones cameras to my computer so there are a lot of pictures to go through from that evening, almost 400 to be exact.  So, I am just going to throw up some of my favorites.  

Parker and I

That's my Fam-Damnbly.


My brother Kenny, his wife Heather, Chelsea her husband and me. 

Parker saw what we were doing and he ran over and climbed up.


Aunt Ann, Uncle Donnie, Cindi and Jacob


My Grams and 5 of her 6 siblings and some of their spouses.  


Uncle DJ, Aunt Anne and Ryan


 The extra shirt is for their sister who was unable to make it. 






The two Annes.

Take your socks off Anne, your on vacation!  (Sorry I had to. You know I love ya. :o)

Cindi that stands and Cindy that sits.

When Chelsea was younger it was confusing for her when people would talk about "Cindy" or "Cindi." Finally one day she just said "Which Cindy?  Cindi that stands or Cindy that sits?'  I just love the innocence of little kids.  


Parker and Uncle Kenny playing.


I wished we lived closer so there cold be more moments like this.

Tanner, Ryan and Jacob 


Two Jedis, Brooke and Garenn.


Nate and Jeff

Me and two of my monkeys. 

 The End

...At least someone laughs at my jokes.

No comments: