Thursday, September 1, 2011

Celebrating With Grammy

Actual Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011

On this day we headed over to my Aunt Pat's house to celebrate my Grandma Helen's Birthday.  Her 86th Birthday to be exact.  I am so glad we could be there to celebrate with her.

While we were at Aunt Pat's house of course we had to feed her fish!  Ginger wanted a treat too.


The girls in the Tea house.


After feeding the fish, they sat down to watch the new Alvin and The Chipmunks movie Grandma had bought them.

Then it was time for presents!

I found these socks and I could not pass them up.  

Gram has a hard time staying warm so when I saw these knee highs I thought they might help.  Plus they were flashy and wild so I thought she would think of me while she wore them.  

She loved them!  She said she was going to put on some shortie shorts and wear them to the bar that night to celebrate.  She said she might even have to dance on the table to show them off.  

For those of you who don't know my Grams, she is totally joking.  She is one of the most sweetest, down to Earth, most Godly Women I know.  I highly doubt that she's actually ever even been to a bar.  But that's why it's so fun to tease her about it.  

Cake time!

Brooke helped her blow the candles out.

When we first arrived Brooke asked if we could take some pictures on Aunt Pat's red bridge.  I promised her we could take some before we left, and you know she didn't let me forget that promise.  

Brooke took the lead and posed the pictures.  "Ava, come over and give me a hug."

"Now do a thumbs up."

I love Ava in this picture.  She couldn't get it but she sure tried.  I think at one point she had her tongue sticking out because she was concentrating so hard.  It was cute.

"Now put your arms out like this."


Beautiful Brooke.

And Adorable Ava.

Oh and then there's this little clown.  He wasn't too interested in taking pictures with his Sisters.  But I do have this picture of him that I took on my phone earlier that day.  Auntie Chelsea gave Brooke a new head band and Parker thought he was funny with it.  I snapped this picture and sent it to Brian with a note that said "Good morning from your third daughter."

He wrote back "Pretty."  

Something tells me he's not going to be showing that one off to the guys in the morning meeting...

No comments: