Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day Fifty-Seven

Actual Date: Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday we all met to celebrate the life of Chuck Dawe, or as I've always known him Papa Dawe. I am glad I got to be there to pay my last respects to this loving man and to visit with family that I have been missing.

So you know how people say that when you see an orb of light on a a picture that it is a spirit... Check out these pictures that I took at the funeral. None of the pictures that I took before the funeral have anything like this on there, and none of the ones from after the funeral have any spots on them...

(Above)

In this one you can see a little light on the picture on the right.


Above:

Carolynn and Marc

& another orb of light down on the bottom middle



Above:

Marc and Jim

There is another ball of light on Marc's shoulder, in between the two men.


Above:

Chelsea and Marc

Orb on bottom right



Above from left to right:

Des, Nick, John, Diane and Tommy

This time the ball of light is above Diane's head.



At first I was thinking it was just light rays from the Sun but then I realized that all of these pictures were taken from different directions. Some were taken with the Sun to their backs and some were taken facing the Sun. You can draw your own conclusion to what caused these balls of light but I am pretty sure that it was Papa Dawe there watching over us. Every time I look at them, it gives me chills.

All of these next pictures were taken at the family get togethers after. This first picture is of the flag flying at his house, half mast in honor of Chuck.


It was so exciting to see Denice and Michele! And it was also exciting to surprise Michele with a piece of the rainbow cake (for her Birthday). She loved it. In her words it was "so gay!" haha Miss you girls!

After we left Papa Dawe's house we all headed to Mike and Sandie's to have a birthday celebration for Grandpa Ray. Here's Grandma Carol and Grandpa Ray looking great as usual! Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Chelsea holding Parker as he rocked out to the music. She told him "dance baby dance" and he was! He is such a entertainer. The more everyone laughed the more into the dance he got. It's now become his new favorite trick. Anytime anyone says "dance baby dance" he gets out his little disco finger, points it in the air and goes crazy.

Thanks Mike and Sandie for having us over. It was so good to see you guys and Carolynn!


We left the party and headed to our good friends John and Angie's house for dinner. We were also excited to see them and see how much the kids had grown.


Here's Jordann aka Shrimp Monster. Let me tell you this girl LOVES her some shrimp. I could not believe it. She is the cutest little thing ever. We had the funnest time listening to her long dramatic stories. "When we were camping der was a skunk by my Gwandma's twailer. And I didn't know it was there but I did know it was there..." haha Love this baby.

Here's Maddy and Brooke doing each other's hair. I can't believe that she's going to be in 1st grade! Where did the time go?

I just realized I didn't get any pictures of John and Angie. Whoops! We were to busy having fun I guess.


After the day was over and I had time to reflect, I realized more than ever how blessed I am to have friends and family like these people in my life. Like with John and Angie, we can go months without seeing each other and then get together and pick up right where we left off. It was equally amazing to look around at Papa Dawe's funeral and see his ex-wife and her husband, and her husband's grown children. Not only that but childhood friends of his children. Everybody was there to honor this great man and the friendship that they had been built through the years. I think it is a great testimony of the love that my family shares. I am honored to be a part of it.

No comments: