Friday, June 25, 2010

Day Fifty-Eight

Actual Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010

This was a bitter sweet day. We were excited to be spending the day with family but we were also a little sad because Brian was leaving us to fly back home to Texas to work. Luckily it was only for about 2 weeks instead of the original three weeks that we had planned. Turns out he had some training to do in Mission Viejo during our last week there so it worked out perfect. He would fly back, work that week in California, and then we'd drive home together.

My Dad was headed down the hill on this day so he took Brian to the airport so that we could go see Garenn's Baseball game. It was so fun to watch all those little guys and girls. They are so cute. Some of them were so into it and others were so not. One little girl was in the outfield picking flowers. Kids are so funny.

Tanner was there to cheer his brother on.
Brooke and GarennChels, all decked out in the Giants orange and black.After the game we headed up the mountain to see the rest of the family and see Grandpa Ray get an award from the Elks Lodge.
I decided to hang back with the little kids and let them take a nap so they weren't to restless during the ceremony. Then after we were heading over to Grandpa Ray and Grandma Carol's for dinner.

While we waited for everyone to get back from the awards ceremony I decided I was going to tinker around and take some pictures of some of the cool things that my Auntie Diane has collected throughout the years. Her house is so unique and original. I love seeing all the new stuff she has every time I go there.
Uncle Michael and Brooke. He said "let me show you how I used to pick your Mama up!"I still remember too. =o)It was so beautiful outside so I decided to rake up some pine needles and sweep off the deck. The girls came outside with me and Brooke said "Mom I want to make something special for Auntie Diane so she is not sad about her Daddy." (Papa Dawe was her Father) So she collected all of the pine cones out of the yard and lined them up all along her rock walls. When she was done she said "Mom I just can't wait for her to see this. It's going to take her breath away. Now every time she comes home she'll see this and think of her Daddy and it'll make her so happy."
Isn't she so sweet? I love her heart. Here she is with her pine cone creation. After everyone got back from the award ceremony we headed over to Grandpa Ray and Grandma Carol's for dinner.

Ava and Chelsea coloring while we hung out.Here's Grandpa Ray's awards. He was honored with the Hiram award for dedicated service. Apparently it's the highest honored award from the Elks Lodge. Good job Grandpa! We're proud of you.

No comments: