Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day One


"Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes." No doubt that some of you who have seen the musical Rent have had this catchy tune stuck in your head at least once. 525,600 minutes, that's how many minutes there are in a year. So for the next year I am going to challenge myself to take a picture a day.
I have always had grand ideas to keep a journal but I never take the time to sit down and actually do it. Now that I have this new camera I decided what better way to document our lives but to actually capture it in snap shots. So this will be my sort of digital diary if you will. Plus all I hope that this well help us stay better in touch with all of our friends and family that we miss so much.
Here we go. My goal is a picture a day for the next 365 days. I think it will be interesting to look back a year from now and see what craziness has happened in those 525,600 minutes.
...Great, now I have that song stuck in my head... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tCd7SKBDYg
March 28, 2010
After spending the morning at church we headed to David's Bridal for our second fitting for Brooke's flower girl dress that she will be wearing in Braden and Stephanie's wedding this June. She is very excited. When we were in the dressing room for the first time her eyes lit up when she saw all these sparkly puffy dresses. When she got the first on and zipped up she twirled around and with a big smile said "I can't wait to show Daddy!" Moments like that just melt my heart.
Now I am not going to show a picture of the dress because I don't want to take away from the surprise at the wedding but here are the shoes that she will be wearing. After trying on about 5 different pairs, these were the one's that worked out the best. David's Bridal doesn't carry half sizes so some were way to tight and some were flopping off her feet when she walked. These ones fit just right and she says they make her feel like a princess.

2 comments:

KDC Events said...

What a great idea! Good luck on your venture =) looking forward to lots of fun stuff from you.

Kyla said...

Thanks for all your help Denice! I'm excited to see what comes of it.