Monday, August 20, 2012

Vacation Rewind

Guess who got to go in for emergency dental surgery this morning because she broke her tooth on a Swedish Fish...

You read that right.  A Swedish Fish.  Those chewy candies.  

Yeah so I had a tooth that had been having some sensitivity problems since last year.  We did not one but two root canals on it and they had just decided our last chance to salvage the tooth would be to put a crown on it.  They put a temporary crown on while the permanent one was being made.  I was given strict orders not to chew anything chewy on that side or it might just pop it right off.

Well, I momentarily suffered short term memory loss and I grabbed ONE Swedish Fish and popped it in my mouth.  After a few bites I bit down on something hard and heard a crack.  My first thought was "What the heck was in that fish?  I am so going to sue that company!"  Then I spit it out of my mouth and looked at it.  It took me a second to recognize my temporary crown, or what was left of it. 

I had cracked it!  Luckily I called the Doc and they said that they had just received my permanent crown so come on in and they'd get it on for me.

So yeah that was fun... Then we went on to California and I didn't think anything of it.  Until that tooth started hurting that is.  By the time I got home the tooth was swollen and the gums were bruised around it.  X rays confirmed sure enough it was infected and apparently I cracked not just the temporary crown but also my tooth on that dumb fish!

Ugh!  Anyways, all that to say - I got my tooth pulled out of my face this morning and now I'm home resting under the care of Dr. Brian and his 3 assistants.  I figured I'd take advantage of this time and try to get caught up on my posting about all our shenanigans from this Summer.  We've been so busy having too much fun that I haven't had time to keep up with things around here.

When I last left off we were still in Illinois having fun with Brian's family.  There is a great zoo just down the street from Brian's parents house and the kids loved it!  Heck, we all loved it!

We got to feed the goats.

Or rather the goats kind of helped themselves to the food Chris purchased.

One of the kids favorite parts was riding the train around the place looking at the animals.

I love this moment I caught between Brian and Parker.  Parker talked the entire ride.  He was Daddy's own private tour guide.  Who needs the tour guide conductor when you have Parker around?

My girls!



Parker was not very fond of the "crock-e-dial."  Daddy had to carry him past that part because he froze up and said "Crock-e-dial going bite me!"


Here's Brooke doing her very best Prairie Dog impression.

And my little Avers.

And this cute little man.  I just can't get enough of him.


No comments: