Monday, October 3, 2011

Life's A Beach

Actual Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For some reason I slept awful Tuesday night.  I tossed and turned all night.  We were in a hotel and I was sharing a bed with Parker so that was some of it.  In the morning I had one thing on my mind, Starbucks.  Coffee that morning was not just a luxury, it was a necessity.  

After we stopped and got our morning pick me up we headed to the beach.  It was chilly and we thought we were going to just go stick our toes in the sand, just so we could say we went.



Anne, take your socks off.  You at the beach for Heaven's sake.  



Parker didn't want to have anything to do with the water when I took him down there.  But when Anne did that was a whole different story.  He loved it.


This was right after poor Bill got his feet soaked.  He was trying to back up to get a picture of everyone on the beach and just as he did a huge wave a came up and got him.


My cute little Avers. 

For some reason these next couple pictures wont flip.  Anyone know how to fix that?


Parker and I


Cindi is right in the middle there.  She was cracking me up when she got done and was emptying the sand out of her sweat shirt pockets.  







Well needless to say no one had planned on being soaking wet and needing to change before driving home, so we had to make due.  The bathrooms were way far away so we were "that" family.  

I Elle-Oh-Vee-E (love) Bill's face here.


Before we headed home we had one more thing to check off our to do list.


The kids were blown away that our car was actually floating on the water.  Ava said "Our car is not a swimming car?!?!"  She couldn't wrap her mind around it.


After we got home we headed over to my Mom's house for dinner.  


The had fun going for a hike with Uncle Chris and Cindi.


Then they came back went swimming, and went a little crazy.  


Ok, a lot crazy.


Who's kids are these?


The girls helping Grandpa make dinner for the next night.  After they had had a bath and were nice and clean... in their brand new matching jammies... which were covered in tomato juice by the time they were done.  But hey, it's the memories that count right?

No comments: